Statement of Faith
We consider it very important to state clearly the principles of our faith. We want to ensure that users understand our orthodox evangelical beliefs by which we produce material under both the Our Daily Bread Ministries and Discovery House Publishers names.
We believe in :
- One God in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- The verbal inspiration of the whole Bible as God’s infallible revelation to man.
- Jesus Christ’s deity, virgin birth, sinless humanity, substitutionary death, atoning blood, bodily resurrection, and ascension to heaven.
- Salvation by faith in Christ alone, without works, and solely by grace.
- The need of works to express gratitude and give a living demonstration of God’s transforming power.
- The resurrection of the body: eternal glory for believers in heaven, and everlasting punishment for unbelievers in hell.
- The one true church, the body of Christ, consisting of all believers, regardless of race or social standing.
- Obedience in our Lord’s command to lead people of all nations to faith in Christ and growth in Christlikeness.
- The need for spiritual growth through Bible study, prayer, witnessing, and involvement in a Bible-believing church.
- The imminent rapture of the church, and Christ’s personal return to establish His kingdom on earth.